The taste of a well-garnished pizza can give a high pleasurable feeling that lingers on the buds and memory. But, unfortunately, this creates a feeling of constant craving now and then. No wonder we all keep coming back to have a bite.
And so, there are people who might decide to make one for themselves. Perhaps you’re one of them, and you’re here because you want to find out how to make the perfect homemade sauce for your pizza. Well, we got you.
We’ll be giving you some DIY steps to making a flavorful red sauce for your pizza in this post. And of course, you can use this with your sausage ragout, bolognaise, meatballs, and so on.
The Pizza Sauce Variety
You would be amazed at the variety of homemade sauce recipes out there. You’ll find the chimichurri sauce, the sweet chili sauce, the barbecue sauce, the caramel sauce, and the list keeps going.
Depending on what you want, you can add your own spices, ingredients, or whatever seasoning you see fit. After all, it’s your pizza, and you have to see what works for you; not so?
The 5-Minute Pizza Sauce
If you want to prepare a homemade pizza sauce fast, it’s straightforward. All you have to do is open two or three canned tomatoes, add some seasonings like your oregano, thyme, garlic, onion flakes, black pepper, basil, and so on. After that, stir it for a while, and you’re ready to go.
Don’t forget to use tomato paste if you don’t want to have a soggy pizza. It should be thick. More so, it depends on you what seasonings you choose to add, and surely you should have some of these jarred up in your pantry or the freezer.
A Seven-Ingredient Homemade Sauce Recipe
For the sake of simplicity, we’ll be explaining how to prepare a basic seven ingredient red sauce. And from there, you can tweak the seasonings anyhow you want.
- Tomato paste
- Crushed tomatoes
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ¾ tbsp. salt
Steps To Take:
- Add the tomato paste, crushed tomatoes, dried oregano, salt, and some pepper. Whisk the mixture.
- Taste it and see if it fits what you want. You can also add in a little sugar.
- Put olive oil in a saucepot and wait till it’s hot. Add some finely chopped garlic and cook for a minute or two. Make sure it doesn’t get too brown.
- Add the first tomato mixture to the saucepot. Stir well. Simmer it down to medium-low heat for about an hour. This will thicken the sauce. If you want a thicker sauce, you can leave it further.
- Taste and adjust salt, if desired. Take note that you will be adding salt to most of the recipes you will be using this base tomato sauce for.
- Cover the pot and allow it to simmer while you prepare your homemade dough.
There are many recipes for making a rich and wholesome pizza sauce, but this is just a basic recipe that won’t disappoint you. Whatever you choose to do, make sure you enjoy the experience all the way.
And don’t forget that Adolfo’s Pizzeria is always ready to spice everything up with our many pizza offerings. So you can order yours now and let the mouth do the rest.